Cooking With Chef Blogger Dad

My wife really likes this blog, Pioneer Woman. I’m pretty sure it’s her favorite blog (with mine coming in a close 42). Pioneer Woman is a great beautiful looking blog and I can definitely see the appeal.

One of the really cool things I like about Pioneer Woman is that its author, Ree Drummond teaches you how to cook meals. The recipes are awesome and the photography is top notch.

Such a shame that there’s not too many daddy bloggers doing this kind of thing. (Actually, there probably are, but I’m too lazy to Google them). So I thought, why don’t I share some of my vast culinary knowledge with my readership?

I’ve decided to start a new feature here, Cooking With Chef Blogger Dad, in which I’ll be sharing some of my kitchen mastery with you every week or so. Enjoy!

cookingwithchefbloggerdad

Our first meal – a Peanut Butter Sandwich

Step 1: You’ll need a slice or two of bread, a knife and peanut butter (preferably bird feces free). I’m not really too hungry, so I’m going to have a half sandwich.

pb1

Step 2: Open peanut butter, insert knife. For this step, you want a decent butter knife, not too sharp, with just the right amount of curve to the tip.

Step 3: Spread peanut butter on bread. There is a technique here which requires years of mastery …

pb3

Step 4: … a mastery which I’ve not yet quite mastered.

pb4

Step 5: Curse at yourself for the monstrosity you’ve created. Something along the lines of, “I’m a grown man and I can’t even spread peanut – F@%#ing – butter on bread!”

pb5

Step 6: Make another sandwich. For this, you’ll need bread, a clean knife, and butter.

pb6

Step 7: Spread butter on bread. Ah, that’s better – look how easily it spreads.

pb7

Step 8: Now a bread and  butter sandwich would be okay on it’s own, but it lacks that certain something that really makes it a sandwich. If, like me, you ran out of jelly, then find a decent substitute. Like chocolate syrup.

pb8

Step 9: Open chocolate sauce.

pb9

Step 10: Squirt chocolate sauce onto bread.

pb10

Step 11: Spread sauce with knife.

pb11

Step 12: Enjoy.

pb12

Want BloggerDad delivered to your email every time I post? Well, you’re not alone. Join the literally tens of others who have already subscribed for free! Email not your thing? That’s okay, you can also subscribe via RSS – It’s also free.

Content is copyright 2010 BloggerDad.com. If you are reading this on any site other than www.Bloggerdad.com or your personal RSS reader, then you may be reading it on a site which steals content. And would you trust a site like that?

This entry was posted in cooking and tagged . Bookmark the permalink.

32 Responses to Cooking With Chef Blogger Dad

1. cindy says:

Yummy with a spoon or knife. I dig your style. This is definitely Food Network material.
    .-= cindy´s last blog ..Read Across America – BOOYAH! =-.

2. Entertaining AND educational! I love it. I always wondered how these sandwiches were produced…and now I know. I took it a step further and made mine with molasses and peanut butter. I am SO looking forward to the next food prep lesson. In fact, I am signing up to have your posts forwarded to my email so I do not miss a single cooking lesson. Thanks!!
    .-= Stacey Robinsmith´s last blog ..Twitter, Facebook and the Main Stream Media =-.

• Blogger Dad says:

Peanut butter and molasses? Hmmm, that’s an interesting combination. I don’t even think I’ve ever had a jar of molasses, but if I come across one, perhaps I’ll try it.

Thanks for signing up, you’ll be a Master Chef in no time!

3. Dan says:

That looks a little too advanced for me I’m afraid.
    .-= Dan´s last blog ..A half arsed Twitter suicide note =-.

4. Tim says:

You forgot the crisps!
    .-= Tim´s last blog ..I’m a twit! =-.

5. Marc says:

Would I be missing the point if I just skipped the bread, butter and knife and just went with chocolate sauce direct to the mouth?
    .-= Marc´s last blog ..6 Ways to Provide The Best Product Possible =-.

6. Trina says:

Dont know how I can keep up with those extraordinary culinary skills of yours. Perhaps you could give us tips on keeping a well stocked pantry.

7. Susan Greene says:

I think I saw this recipe on Rachel Ray the other day.

8. Betty Hakes says:

love it. Maybe this is what I should feature at my next event. :-)

9. Hilarious! I have SO been there before with the peanut butter. We get “natural peanut butter” we have to keep in the fridge, so it’s even more impossible to spread, which means you have to start buying extra tough bread no one wants to eat. I like your solution much better!
    .-= Kristin T. (@kt_writes)´s last blog ..Different is the new normal =-.

10. Tracy says:

I don’t think you included enough photos, I’m still confused about the process. Also I do not feel you are “folksy” enough.

For about a year, we were told to assume the baby was allergic to peanut butter and not to have it in the house at all, lest very bad things happen. That was one sucky ass year, let me tell you.

Protip: It’s much easier to spread peanut butter on a tortilla and then you can shove a whole banana (peeled) in there, roll it up and you’ve got a whole day’s worth of nutrition in a handy packet! Also, works with pancakes but then you have the same shredding/crumb-ing problem as with bread.
    .-= Tracy´s last blog ..I Finally Found It! The Jheri Curl Song! =-.

• Blogger Dad says:

mmm, pancakes.

Sorry, I’ll try and take more photos next time. Will 100 do?

I was actually going to use chocolate cake frosting rather than sauce, but we were out of that, also.

11. Tracy says:

OMG, also, you HAVE to get Golden Syrup. What it is, is pure cane sugar in liquid form, so it’s like eating sugar on bread only it’s from England so it’s classy and people can’t tsk tsk you and act like you’re all trashy for eating sugar sandwiches.

Also, start calling your biscuits scones and you can eat them soaked in Golden Syrup all day long and people will just think you’re a big fan of British Mystery Novels!
    .-= Tracy´s last blog ..I Finally Found It! The Jheri Curl Song! =-.

12. Loran says:

I’m so inspired by your culinary prowess that I’m rendered completely speechless!
    .-= Loran´s last blog ..Sunset in Lapoint =-.

13. Friar says:

FINALLY….a cooking blog I can identify with!

14. This is good stuff David! You do realise that you’re helping men around the world to rid themselves of the underserved stigma of being duds in the kitchen? When my wife finds out I can do this, she’ll want to marry me all over again. Thanks Dave for helping us men gain credibility of the eyes of our wives.
    .-= Dave (MisterGoodGuy)´s last blog ..Fishing For The Mona Lisa =-.

15. Otter says:

Spreading the PB can be a pain. In pinch you can just spoon it into your cake hole and then squirt in the jelly. Squirt bottles make all sorts of fat promoting activities possible.
    .-= Otter´s last blog ..First Day of Pre-School =-.

16. Damn! You make it look so easy!! I’m not worthy.

Funny stuff.
    .-= Seattledad (Luke, I am Your Father)´s last blog ..Base Camp – Day 1000 =-.

17. Keith Wilcox says:

Wow, that’s one epic sammich you’ve made there! But, seriously, who puts chocolate and country crock together?
    .-= Keith Wilcox´s last blog ..How to Work Out if You are Injured =-.

18. Elizabeth says:

HAHAH! I too love PW and her cooking prowess – but this, BloggerDad, THIS is the stuff food network shows are made of! You should certainly at least try for a “Guest Chef” spot on the PW Tasty Kitchen blog! Your prowess is to be admired! :)
    .-= Elizabeth´s last blog ..Living with SED =-.

19. I have this overwhelming urge to get up and check whether my husband is secretly blogging away in his office under the pseudonym blogger Dad. I swear he ‘cooks’ in just the same way…
    .-= veryanniemary´s last blog ..I’m one of the MAD! =-.

20. Pingback: Who Is Right? Me or My Wife? You Decide. — Blogger Dad